Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» helllooooo....
Grand Theft Auto IV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:36 pm by amira shahirah

» What happened
Grand Theft Auto IV EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:32 pm by amira shahirah

» Banner!
Grand Theft Auto IV EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:59 pm by bock

» Temporary Changelog
Grand Theft Auto IV EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:35 am by bock

» SACRED WARS
Grand Theft Auto IV EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:07 pm by bock

» Changing to OtakuNet!
Grand Theft Auto IV EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:06 am by Alex

» New name, new everything!
Grand Theft Auto IV EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:36 am by Alex

» Becoming an anime website
Grand Theft Auto IV EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 pm by bock

» Having troubles with the new site?
Grand Theft Auto IV EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 3:51 am by bock

Poll

Changing to OtakuNet!

View results

Gallery

Grand Theft Auto IV Empty

Grand Theft Auto IV

+4
Spork201
specopsranger1
wookiepower2
MetroSpartan
8 posters

Go down

Grand Theft Auto IV Empty Grand Theft Auto IV

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2008 7:43 pm

PLATFORM: XBOX 360

Grand Theft Auto IV Clearshim

Grand Theft Auto IV GTAIV
PERFECTION
Grand Theft Auto IV Letter_I now know how film critics felt after screening The Godfather. It’s been days since Grand Theft Auto IV’s credits rolled, yet I can’t seem to construct a coherent thought without my mind wandering off into a daydream about the game. I just want to drop everything in my life so I can play it again. Experience it again. Live it again. No matter what I do, I can’t stop thinking about the choices I made throughout the course of the game. Those people didn’t have to die. I could have saved them. I wasn’t thinking straight. My judgment was clouded. Next time, things will be different.
If you thought that the previous Grand Theft Auto titles offered an amazing level of freedom, you haven’t seen anything yet. In Grand Theft Auto IV, you really feel like you have ownership over the entire experience. You build relationships, approach missions the way you want to, and even dictate the flow of the story. In true GTA style, you do the dictating with your gun. Some of the choices you make will have a dramatic “I can’t believe that just happened” effect on Niko Bellic’s life. This isn’t like Fable or Mass Effect where you can clearly see how your input is affecting the story. You just have to live with it, swallow hard, and hope you made the right choices. It’s an amazing story that ends up having a soul and isn’t afraid to poke fun at society’s hot topics.
As much as the game makes you sweat bullets through its choices, it no longer makes you dread firing them. The new targeting system is a remarkable contraption that, strangely enough, also offers choice. By applying a hard or soft click to the aim trigger, you can switch between free aim and lock-on, a combo that sings on the battlefield, and makes you feel like a skilled assassin. With intelligent foes putting a bead on you, the gunplay is a far more visceral affair, requiring pop-and-shoot tactics, ammo conservation, and some serious skill. Thankfully, with the gameplay firing direct hits, you no longer feel like a death was something you had no control over. The gunplay is extremely polished, and is one of the game’s strongest points.
Vehicular mayhem continues to play a huge role in the series, and is enhanced with an array of new jacking animations and realistic physics for both the vehicles and people you hit. The new Pac-Man-like police evasions, and scripted chase scenes are incredible additions as well.
When you aren’t raising your wanted level with a pistol or a runaway car, the game offers mountains of incredible content where you would least expect it. GTA IV has a Sims quality to it, as it starts to feel like real life. You can sit back and watch hilarious fictional TV shows (even cartoons), go to a comedy show, lose hours of your life surfing fictional internet sites, and even play full games of bowling, darts, and pool. Of course, this is GTA so you can always spend your time at a strip club or a bar. I know this is going to sound lame, but one of my favorite parts of the game is people watching. There hasn’t been a world of people in a game that has felt this alive. You’ll see cabbies throwing coffee cups out the window, people on cell phones not paying attention as they cross the street, and umbrellas going up when the rain starts.
It’s unbelievable how much there is to see and do. All of it is captured with stunning realism, and that trademark GTA satire. The single-player game alone is immense, and easily deserving of the perfect score, but there’s something else this breakthrough product does just as well; it blows the doors off of what you expect from a multiplayer game. Just think of the way you play single player (with cops always in pursuit) then multiply that by 16. It’s insanity – wonderful insanity – with rockets and helicopters soaring through the air, and players doing everything they can to win or thwart you. The game offers a slew of game modes, too, including my favorites GTA Race (think Cannonball Run with backstabbing death), and Cops ‘n Crooks. The multiplayer runs just as smoothly as the single-player game, and offers an insane level of customization.
On top of the standout experiences mentioned, there so much more to appreciate about this game. Its dynamic mission structuring, remarkable sound design, wealth of side content, amazing animation, the list goes on and on. Long story short, I never thought I would see this much content in a game.
Grand Theft Auto IV doesn’t just raise the bar for the storied franchise; it completely changes the landscape of gaming. Once you play it, you won’t look at video games the same way again. -ANDREW REINER

Grand Theft Auto IV Review_secondopinionMATT BERTZ 10
There are epic gaming experiences, and then there is Grand Theft Auto IV. The latest installment of Rockstar’s flagship surpasses the benchmark set by San Andreas in every possible way. With the aid of an impressive graphics engine, improved gunplay mechanics, the phenomenal Natural Motion Euphoria animation technology, and a deep story that, unlike other GTAs, features a heart underneath its myriad double-crosses and stick-ups, GTA IV is the most action-packed open world ever created. Liberty City’s great array of characters, radio stations, television channels, and websites offer searing satires of modern American life; you’d have a hard time finding a more comprehensive lambasting of our culture in any other media form. But the star of the show is Niko Bellic; the Eastern European anti-hero is my favorite criminal since Deadwood’s Al Swearengen. On top of the phenomenal story of Bellic, Rockstar also offers an addictive multiplayer that will have players jonesing for a free-for-all match well into the summer. Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.

Grand Theft Auto IV Bottom-line
Grand Theft Auto IV ClearshimGrand Theft Auto IV Esrb_Mature10Grand Theft Auto IV Clearshim

CONCEPT:
This smartly penned crime story puts player freedom on a pedestal, and backs it up with outstanding gunplay and the next big multiplayer experience

GRAPHICS:
You’ll lose yourself in your surroundings — the striking environment details, variety of people on the streets, the physics-based showering of bodies after a car explodes. On top of this, the framerate never skips a beat

SOUND:
The soundtrack is fantastic, but the true master stroke here is the voice work

PLAYABILITY:
Simply put, it plays the way you always wanted Grand Theft Auto to play

ENTERTAINMENT:
In terms of content, this may even be a better deal than The Orange Box. It just gives and gives and gives

REPLAY:
High

Last edited by Axl777 on Sat May 31, 2008 12:06 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto IV Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

Post by MetroSpartan Thu May 29, 2008 8:04 pm

SKATE and GTA VI are good games worth buying and halo 3 (if you havent so already)
MetroSpartan
MetroSpartan
Gunnery Sergent
Gunnery Sergent

Number of posts : 85
Gamercard : Grand Theft Auto IV Metrospartan
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by wookiepower2 Thu May 29, 2008 8:18 pm

Those games are really good but if you like sandbox style games like gta VI that have good gameplay value and you want a change from shooters and sports games you should get Oblivion: game of the year edition. This game has all the updates and downloadable content on it already and has a massive amount of ameplay time. I think it has over 100 hours, and a very good combat system for a game of its type though.

wookiepower2
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Gamercard : Grand Theft Auto IV Wookiepower2
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by specopsranger1 Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:18 pm

well I have GTA 4 and im going to return it back to gamestop and get a full refund cuz it is boring really its better to get Battlefield:bad company.
specopsranger1
specopsranger1
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 7
Motto : specopstanger
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Spork201 Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:34 pm

specto your right that game is dumb it will have 100cheats in like 2 months and the game will be pointles and its way to violent and bf bc is bad game to
Spork201
Spork201
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 231
Motto : Spork201
Gamercard : Grand Theft Auto IV Spork201
PS Network : TBA
Wii Friend Code : TBA
Registration date : 2008-06-20

http://gamenation.lefora.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TateR iZ FaT Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:33 pm

dude those screen shots look bad ass!!!!!

i wasnt sure if i was goin to like a gta game on xbox controllers, but seems sick! im goin to haveto pick it up. how far have u all gotten on this game so far???? anything that sticks out in ur mind from past games that relates?

TateR iZ FaT
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 39
Gamercard : Grand Theft Auto IV Tater+iz+fat
Registration date : 2008-08-10

http://www.myspace.com/joshua_in_michigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewie2552 Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:19 pm

Grand theft Auto 4 is truly the second best platform game out at the time. Following Halo 3, you can truly do anything you want. I got it the day it came out. I was skeptical on the multiplayer, but now it is all i do. The game is epic win. 9/10...for the fact no airplanes and weapons could be improved. The radio makes the game awesome, and the graphix you cant beat.

Stewie2552
Gunnery Sergent
Gunnery Sergent

Number of posts : 86
Gamercard : Grand Theft Auto IV Stewie2552
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sn1p3r Sh4wn Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 am

I may be pre-biast on saying this, but from the first GTA I hate all GTA games.
They are teh suk.
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Moderation Headmaster
Moderation Headmaster

Number of posts : 580
Motto : Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Gamercard : Grand Theft Auto IV Sn1p3r sh4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewie2552 Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 pm

so what about them dont you like? Things have changes ALOT since the first games. I will agree GTA San Andreas was horrible game, but there is a big jump between 4 and SA

Stewie2552
Gunnery Sergent
Gunnery Sergent

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Banned members has dirtied this topic with their stupidity...NOOOOOO!
Alex
Alex
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 881
Motto : Shift-Awesome
Gamercard : Grand Theft Auto IV Axl777
PS Network : Axl0872
Wii Friend Code : TBA
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://halonation.clan.su

Back to top Go down

Post by Sn1p3r Sh4wn Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:11 am

Hey, do you guys know where I can buy an RPG-7 to shoot down a roflcopter? It's buzzing around my head going BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!1!!11!!!thirteen!2!!
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Moderation Headmaster
Moderation Headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewie2552 Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:40 pm

ur so odd. lol

Stewie2552
Gunnery Sergent
Gunnery Sergent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sn1p3r Sh4wn Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:48 pm

That's why people hate me at school. I have a sense of humor they don't understand.
Smile
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Moderation Headmaster
Moderation Headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewie2552 Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:00 am