Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» helllooooo....
Call of Duty 4 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:36 pm by amira shahirah

» What happened
Call of Duty 4 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:32 pm by amira shahirah

» Banner!
Call of Duty 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:59 pm by bock

» Temporary Changelog
Call of Duty 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:35 am by bock

» SACRED WARS
Call of Duty 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:07 pm by bock

» Changing to OtakuNet!
Call of Duty 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:06 am by Alex

» New name, new everything!
Call of Duty 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:36 am by Alex

» Becoming an anime website
Call of Duty 4 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 pm by bock

» Having troubles with the new site?
Call of Duty 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 3:51 am by bock

Poll

Changing to OtakuNet!

Call of Duty 4 I_vote_lcap0%Call of Duty 4 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Call of Duty 4 I_vote_lcap100%Call of Duty 4 I_vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Gallery

Call of Duty 4 Empty

Call of Duty 4

5 posters

Go down

Call of Duty 4 Empty Call of Duty 4

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:47 pm

Call of Duty 4 Clearshim PLATFORM: XBOX 360

Well, I don't think we need a review to let you know about this Lengendary game, but people want me to post it anyways, talk about CoD4 here!

Call of Duty 4 COD4
TOTAL VICTORY
Call of Duty 4 Letter_When Call of Duty 4 debuted on our cover six months ago, the feeling around the office was that the game had an excellent shot at Game of the Year honors. After playing through the final build, it’s clear in my personal opinion that this is the favorite moving into the last days of 2007. Everything has come together brilliantly, from the nonstop intensity of the offline campaign to the endlessly replayable multiplayer offering. Simply put, Call of Duty 4 is one of the absolute best games to grace any platform to date.
As a member of the elite British S.A.S. or U.S. Marine Force Recon, players are tasked with taking down a brutal Middle Eastern military junta in the single-player game. This short (our playthrough clocked in around six hours) but unrelenting action-packed campaign features a selection of the best combat and cinematic moments in gaming. The nuts and bolts of the gameplay – shooting bad guys – is fantastically entertaining in its own right thanks to the excellent weaponry at players’ disposal, clever level design, and AI that doesn’t leave you wondering at its incompetence. The addition of bullet penetration gives both offensive and defensive tactical thinking a new level. Sprinkle in a handful of powerful scripted sequences and a moderately thrilling end-of-the-world Clancy-esque plot and I’ll take this over Halo’s stale corridors and backtracking any day, short length and all.
I can throw all of the superlatives I can think of at the gameplay, but what is it that makes shooting evildoers in Call of Duty 4 any better than in any of the dozens of other action-oriented FPSs around? Ultimately, it comes down to polish. Everything about the game works together as a seamless whole, drawing players into an experience that proves beyond a doubt that the team at Infinity Ward just “gets it.” The simple act of firing a weapon is fun, from the smooth aiming to the realistic pop in your ears and the feeling of impact as your bullets connect with a hapless enemy or send dust flying off of a structure. Missions deliver near-perfect pacing, keeping the story and the action rolling while maintaining a delicious feeling of tension as you await the next suspenseful urban patrol or deafening explosion. And even on the normal difficulty level, enemies will punish you harshly for choosing a bad tactic or leaving yourself exposed, making tactical approaches nearly as important here as in a game like Rainbow Six.
All of the technical excellence of the gameplay carries over to multiplayer, and the addictive upgrade system and sheer variety of maps and modes makes up for the missing cinematics and pacing of the offline game. While the gametypes in CoD 4 aren’t anything you haven’t seen before, the skill with which they’re implemented and the maps on which they’re played have no equal. From the Quake-style “old school” modifier to the more Counter-Strike inspired “hardcore” setting, from simple team deathmatch to the more involved Search and Destroy matches, nearly everyone’s FPS palate should be satisfied. With the plethora of unlockables from scopes to special abilities, each round – while as straight-up fun as any online shooter to date – brings both a sense of accomplishment and an ache to play one more. This is easily the best fusion of RPG-style persistent progression and action-oriented FPS gameplay around.
Start to finish, online or off, Call of Duty 4 is solid gold. Some might decry the single-player’s short length or that it’s more of the same, but its amazing quality and the Arcade mode (which lets you compete for points and skill rankings after you’ve beaten the game, á la Halo’s Metagame) more than make up for it. Infinity Ward has delivered on every front, and there is no question in my mind that this is the best action shooter that I have ever played. -ADAM BIESSENER

Call of Duty 4 Review_secondopinionMATT BERTZ 10
During my tour of modern warfare, I worked in close quarters with a Special Forces group that executed missions with the calculation and deliberation of cold-blooded killers. I flew in an AC-130 and laughed as I smoked the pathetic ground troops scrambling for their lives. I also executed one of the most gripping sniper sequences in video game history in a mission that had me infiltrating a heavily guarded Russian position, taking out a target at 900 meters, and scrambling to get to the extraction point while the Ruskies moved in for the kill. Along the way there was scarcely a dull moment. From the shock and awe scripted sequences to the airtight gameplay, COD 4 is a brilliant example of a first person shooter flirting with perfection. Even the training level is good enough to warrant a replay. If that’s not monumental praise, I don’t know what is. Top it off with a deep and addictive multiplayer mode that features a wealth of variety and you have the shooter of the year.

Call of Duty 4 Bottom-line
Call of Duty 4 ClearshimCall of Duty 4 Esrb_Mature10Call of Duty 4 Clearshim

CONCEPT:
Bring Call of Duty’s cinematic aesthetics and refined gameplay to the modern warfare genre

GRAPHICS:
One of the best-looking games to date – and it runs at 60 frames per second throughout

SOUND:
The contextual battle chatter is great, and the brilliant score and raw noises of battle form an excellent backdrop

PLAYABILITY:
No shooter plays better on a gamepad. Not even Halo

ENTERTAINMENT:
Game of the Year? Possibly

REPLAY:
High
Call of Duty 4 Clearshim
Call of Duty 4 Clearshim
Call of Duty 4 Clearshim

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty 4 Empty Re: Call of Duty 4

Post by Spork201 Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:30 pm

what a great game if u dont have it buy it
Spork201
Spork201
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 231
Motto : Spork201
Gamercard : Call of Duty 4 Spork201
PS Network : TBA
Wii Friend Code : TBA
Registration date : 2008-06-20

http://gamenation.lefora.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TateR iZ FaT Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:36 pm

i played this on ps3 i think it was.

havent played it on xbox tho, looks sick! i like the graphics, which its hard for me to like a shooting game, other then halo cuz i just like halo so much lol... and for the price this game is worth it!!!

TateR iZ FaT
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 39
Gamercard : Call of Duty 4 Tater+iz+fat
Registration date : 2008-08-10

http://www.myspace.com/joshua_in_michigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewie2552 Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:25 pm

the game isnt as good as i wish it would be. Another game i anxiously bought on release date as well as halo 3 at midnight, and GTA IV, the graphix are annoying, the controls are good, but the sound is horrible. The story mode is dumb, it really is, and it for me was not worth 60 bucks. The multiplayer is no where where it could be. Halo 3 owns multiplayer, and the fact halo 3 and GTA both beat cod4 in most active online, you can see it is no longer a leader, I give it a 6.5/10. Story bad, multiplayer bad, sound bad. My three favs, make it go to hell. Sorry Cock of Duty 4: Modern Day Fuck Stupid fans, it aint worth it. I would rather buy it in the bargain bin used for 5 dollars.

Stewie2552
Gunnery Sergent
Gunnery Sergent

Number of posts : 86
Gamercard : Call of Duty 4 Stewie2552
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewie2552 Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:25 pm

the game isnt as good as i wish it would be. Another game i anxiously bought on release date as well as halo 3 at midnight, and GTA IV, the graphix are annoying, the controls are good, but the sound is horrible. The story mode is dumb, it really is, and it for me was not worth 60 bucks. The multiplayer is no where where it could be. Halo 3 owns multiplayer, and the fact halo 3 and GTA both beat cod4 in most active online, you can see it is no longer a leader, I give it a 6.5/10. Story bad, multiplayer bad, sound bad. My three favs, make it go to hell. Sorry Cock of Duty 4: Modern Day Fuck Stupid fans, it aint worth it. I would rather buy it in the bargain bin used for 5 dollars.

Stewie2552
Gunnery Sergent
Gunnery Sergent

Back to top Go down

Post by Spork201 Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:29 pm

double post!!!!!!!!! And don't steal other people jokes (cock of duty)and what u saaid was bad was good story rocks.multiply player is way better halo 3 is better because of forge and custom games.who cares about custom game
Spork201
Spork201
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 231
Motto : Spork201
Gamercard : Call of Duty 4 Spork201
PS Network : TBA
Registration date : 2008-06-20

http://gamenation.lefora.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sn1p3r Sh4wn Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:57 am

CoD4 owns.
Multiplayer character graphics suck, but the gameplay makes up for it. It's more challenging than Halo.
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Moderation Headmaster
Moderation Headmaster

Number of posts : 580
Motto : Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Gamercard : Call of Duty 4 Sn1p3r sh4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewie2552 Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:55 pm

well, im am granted to my own opinion. Customs and forge i beliive, as well as the music and story makes halo 3 the best game out at the moment.

Stewie2552
Gunnery Sergent
Gunnery Sergent

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Spork, you have no right to talk.
Alex
Alex
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 881
Motto : Shift-Awesome
Gamercard : Call of Duty 4 Axl777
PS Network : Axl0872
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://halonation.clan.su

Back to top Go down

Post by Sn1p3r Sh4wn Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:51 pm

I think Halo 3 has great graphics and overall gameplay, what I don't like about is is that the storyline (Because I give a shat about it) was "n00b3d up" since Halo CE.
While Halo 2's storyline was friggen shweet, Halo 3 is just plain: Shoot grunt in head, kill jackal, and kill 32 brutes in a row. With the addage of massive Flood killing action.
The Brutes ruined Halo 3. Halo 3 became too repetitive IMO.
And then there comes Forge, theater mode, and File Sharing.
Halo CE set the stage for the storyline that you get to see both sides, and that made it awesome. Halo 2 also gave the campaign mode a bit of excitement, because of all the plot-twists.
We lost that in halo 3. I can't play the arbiter unless I am in co-op. That sucks.
In multiplayer terms, everything degraded since Halo CE. halo CE was perfect, and actually required skill instead of having auto-aim and power-ups that assured a set of kills.
CoD4 however has great multiplayer and an awesome storyline. And it requires skill to play, like Halo CE.
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Moderation Headmaster
Moderation Headmaster

Number of posts : 580
Motto : Sn1p3r Sh4wn
Gamercard : Call of Duty 4 Sn1p3r sh4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content